The Art Hives Headquarters at Concordia University is proud to announce the opening of an Art Therapist position.
The AH Headquarters is seeking an art therapist who is highly motivated, likes to work hard and is flexible, independent, and willing to join a team of practitioners who are expanding the field of strength-based art therapy to include the launch of public practices of creative arts therapies, in order to transform environments and increase access and inclusivity. We seek someone who can support the Art Hives vision which values multiple ways of knowing, transdisciplinarity, and seeks to democratize therapeutic and research processes.
This position is open to applicants who:
- Have completed a Master’s degree in Art Therapy.
- Have completed Art Hives training (CATS 631/ ARTE 398 Community Art Studio: Methods and Materials course and/or Art Hives Institute).
- Have a minimum of five years of experience as an Art Therapist, including extensive community arts experience.
- Have a minimum of two years of experience as a supervisor.
Priority in hiring is given to candidates who:
- Qualify under Concordia University’s Employment Equity Policy (please see details below).
- Are bilingual (EN/FR).
- Have an ATR or ATR-BC certification, or are working towards it.
Art Therapist tasks include:
- Support students and interns in: holding a welcoming environment; promoting mental health on campus; fostering leadership and teaching opportunities of community members; modeling the behaviours of art making, creating and developing participatory projects that respond to the needs and interests of the community; connecting with partners, organizing incoming material donations; maintaining the studio; promoting Art Hives principles and methods.
- Develop multiple partnerships within the university and within the city of Montreal and beyond.
- Coordinate the placement of creative arts therapies’ (and other) students within the Art Hives Network.
- Supervise, support and evaluate the interns working in the Concordia Art Hives; offer weekly supervision in dyads or groups; and participate in monthly Community of Practice meetings.
- Ensure the respect of professional and human ethics within the Art Hives.
- Support students in integrating and supervising community volunteers in the Art Hives.
- Contribute to the Art Hives HQ's evaluation, reporting, planning, research, development, and education efforts, as needed.
- Present the work of the Art Hives through community pop-up art hives, conferences, classroom visits, government meetings, the Art Hives Institute, and other opportunities that may arise.
- Location: Concordia University Art Hives on SGW and Loyola Campuses, and as needed within other Montreal Art Hives.
- Beginning mid-August, 2019.
- 30 hours a week, 13-week renewable contracts.
- Salary: 30$/hour + 4% vacation.
Employment Equity: Concordia University promotes the full participation and advancement of qualified candidates from groups which have traditionally been under-represented, especially women, indigenous people, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, persons with disabilities and persons whose mother tongue is neither French or English.
*If you which to be considered for Employment Equity, please state it in your letter of intent.
Please send your CV and a detailed letter of intent to the attention of Dr. Janis Timm-Bottos / Concordia Art Hives HQ, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, by the deadline of Friday May 31st, 2019, 23:59 EDT.